Successful Stock traders know that it is all about evaluating the risk against the potential of the investment. EG provides traders with direct access to the world’s stock markets as well as the opportunity to hedge and/or diversify a Stock portfolio with many other asset classes, all from a single trading account. In addition to more than 19,000 Stocks, you can trade 2,500 Exchange Traded Funds, FX, Futures, and CFDs on multiple types of assets.
With EG, you can short Stocks on over 36 exchanges by means of Single Stock CFD
Going short allows investors to make a profit in falling markets. Through EG Index-tracking CFDs, traders are also able to get exposure to broader markets by buying or selling (short) entire indices with a single click. Trading underlying companies via CFDs intraday allows traders to save on overnight borrowing and financing costs. Read more about the benefits of CFDs.
Real time prices
EG clients may subscribe to real-time data from all exchanges (one level or multiple levels), and for clients making at least four Stock trades per month on the particular exchange, Level 1 data is free.
EG lets you choose from multiple order types, including Market orders, Limit, Stop and Trailing Stop orders with GTC (Good-Till-Cancelled) feature attached. More advanced Stock traders can benefit by applying Algorithmic orders.
EG applies Smart Order Routing to all Stock orders, so that clients benefit from the fastest and highest level of execution. Smart Order Routing is enabled for all Stocks as well as all Single Stock CFDs offered for trading.
Stocks collateral trading
When you trade Stocks online with EG, you are automatically eligible to use a percentage of your investment collateral for margin trading of Forex, Futures and CFDs, available through our versatile multi-asset account.
News for traders
EG keeps you up to date with real-time financial news from some of the industry’s most trusted newswires, including Dow Jones Newswires and Market News International. You can also get an instant snapshot of the day’s biggest gainers and losers on 36 global stock exchanges with our Market Movers tool.
By integrating a Stock Screener module into our trading platforms, EG offers the consistency essential for successful Stock trading. The Stock Screener filters a universe of Stocks into a short-list of instruments identified according to your particular investment preferences.
- Advanced global Stock screening of 19,000+ Stocks and 8,800+ Single Stock CFDs on 36 Stock exchanges worldwide.
- Analyse, select and trade with advanced screening criteria. Stock Screener contains 250+ advanced screening criteria. It also allows you to filter Stocks by countries and sectors.
- Fully integrated with EG’s trading platforms, enabling you to place Stock trading orders directly from Stock Screener.
- Customisation of screening profiles allows you to save your personal screening preferences or choose from predefined profiles.
- Built-in professional Equity Research. Investors Discussion Board, Insider Trades and Market Movers modules are available to support your online Stock trading.
A selection of predefined screening profiles is available in the Profile menu. Stock Screener’s customisable interface also allows you to create and save your own personal screening profiles to screen for the best-fitting Stocks.
Screen and trade
A Stock Screener tab is available in each platform’s Stock trading module, or it can be included as a module within existing platform tabs, e.g. Prices and Trade.
Low Fees access
EG offers full access to the Stock Screener and advanced for a low monthly fee
EG enhances your Stock trading experience by providing the ultimate Equity Research analysis tool. The Equity Research tool provides a broad range of fundamental data and general company information, with deeper insight into key financial numbers, including consensus analyst ratings (Buy, Hold, and Sell), target prices and five years of historical and three years forward-looking financial information.
- Break down of company information, from general background to detailed financial analysis.
- Thoroughly investigate investment opportunities and valuation multiples.
- Easily compare a company’s performance and fundamentals to its peers.
- Explore the global research universe through easy access to peer reports.
- Integration with EG’s trading platforms and Stock Screener tool makes selection, analysis and trading of Stocks an intuitive and efficient process
EG’s free widgets add even more value for online Stock traders. Check world stock markets with Market Overview, and see which companies are gaining or losing with Market Movers. The Company Snapshot widget puts key financial data, ratios and analyst consensus ratings at your fingertips.
EG equity analytics
EG’s Equity Team publishes free equity publications, providing expert insight into Stock market trends as well as companies they find interesting to focus on when building a portfolio. You can also access EG’s easy-to-use Economic Calendar to keep ahead of economic data and events that can move markets.
Charts are a key tool in any trader’s toolbox, and EG offers a world-class advanced charting package built right into its trading platforms. External technical analysis tools, including the Technical Event® lookup and Technical Event® Screener are also provided to help you identify possible entry and exit points for trades, supporting in-depth technical analysis on your favourite Stocks.
- Free charting package is fully integrated into EG’s trading platforms.
- Charts are available on all 19,000+ Stocks.
- Order management directly from the chart.
- Fully customizable, with free form drawing and export functions.
- 60 technical analysis indicators are available within the charting tool.
Analysing Stocks is even easier with EG’s Technical Analysis tool, which provides automated identification and notification of changes in a Stock’s activity. Find new trading opportunities, set up alerts and receive notification when specific technical events occur.